Jump to Navigation

Sherman Oaks, Modify Existing Court Order Attorney

Los Angeles County, Ventura County, Modify Child Support

Child Custody Modifications - Child Support Modifications

If your divorce is final, but your circumstances have changed, you may be uncertain if and how you can modify an existing court order regarding custody, visitation or support to be more in line with your current situation. You want an attorney who knows and understands the law, but who also recognizes how personal these issues are. You also want a lawyer who listens to you, who gets you actively involved in the decisions and who empowers you to bring about the changes that are best for you and your family.

At the Law Offices of Robert Gantman, we bring a child and family-focused approach to all matters related to the modification of existing custody or support orders. We know that every situation is unique and take the time to understand your individual circumstances, so that we can produce results that work for you. We know that the legal process can be overwhelming at times, so we start by making certain that you learn about the process and what to expect as you move forward. To schedule a confidential consultation with a Certified Family Law Specialist, contact an Encino attorney to modify an existing court order or call us at 818-501-0113.

Help With Custody and Support Modifications in the San Fernando Valley

With the recent downturn in the U.S. economy, many child custody, child support and spousal support orders may need to be reexamined. With layoffs and shutdowns, many custodial and noncustodial parents are finding their circumstances have changed dramatically. Some parents have found it necessary to move in order to find new employment.

If you entered into a custody, child support or spousal support order and your financial or custody situation has changed, we can help you take the necessary steps to modify the existing divorce decree. Changing an existing court order is not an easy process. As a certified family law specialist, Robert Gantman handles all matters related to the following:

  • Child custody modifications. Whether you or your spouse seeks to change the custody arrangement because of a move-away or for any other reason, we will work closely with you to revise your custody agreement. We will also help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of joint custody, so that you can determine whether it is in your child's best interests.
  • Child support modifications. Child support orders can be changed for a variety of reasons, including a change in income or job status, the health care needs of the child, or custody and visitation arrangements. We will work with you to ensure that the new order complies with California guidelines.
  • Alimony or spousal support modifications. When modifying a spousal support order, the court will review all the factors that were considered when the initial order was issued, to see if any have changed significantly. We will review these factors with you to help you determine your likelihood of success and will aggressively represent you if we believe your request has merit.

Contact Our Offices

To set up a meeting to discuss your concerns about custody or support modifications, contact a Los Angeles attorney or call us at 818-501-0113. We are centrally located in Encino, near the intersection of the 405 and 101 freeways, allowing us to represent clients in courts throughout Southern California. We accept all major credit cards.

Office Location

Robert Gantman, Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
| 15464 Ventura Boulevard | Sherman Oaks, CA 91403 | 818-501-0113
Fax: 818-501-7466 | Map and Directions